A Fun New Way to Create Electronic Music ARQ AR‑48 All-In-One Production and Live Performance Instrument
Making music should be fun, easy, and freeing. With the Zoom ARQ AR-48, it can be that and so much more.
The AR-48 lets you craft music you can be proud of. Use its 460 built-in sounds or use your own samples to create innovative beats and sequences. And its unique design gives you the freedom to perform in brand new ways.
You can load your own samples into ARQ
or choose from its 460 drum, instrument,
and vocal sounds. Explore a variety of
genres—from hip hop and house to techno
and dubstep—to craft the music you want.
Craft new music with all hands on deck.
Put an all-new spin on your music.
Includes Ableton Live 9 Lite
With ARQ AR-48 and Ableton Live 9 Lite, you have
everything a modern music creator needs. Record
your tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them
with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression,
reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more. Plus,
Ableton’s performance workflows let you take
your music to the stage where you can mix and
With the AR-48, you’ve got everything you need to create music that’s fun, original, and freeing.
Features At A Glance
- All-in-one drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller and live performance instrument
- Includes 460 drum machine, synth, and instruments sounds
- Import WAV files into the internal synth engine's oscillator
- 16 adjustable Master Effects, including reverb, filters, delay, and more
- Use the Ring Controller as a handheld aerial instrument
- Onboard 32-step loop sequencer for creating individual patterns or complete songs
- Programmable synthesizer engine with three sub-oscillators
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with programmable color LEDs
- Grip Detection automatically prevents accidental note triggering
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer for triggering arpeggiator sounds and effects
- Dedicated buttons for record/play/pause, solo, mute, split, arpeggiate, and change effects
- 3.5 mm mini stereo input for phrase recording and loop creation
- Audio capture from patterns and songs, from SD card, or from incoming audio signal
- Play sounds chromatically, or choose from dozens of preset scales in any key
- Dual 1/4" line outputs, separate 3.5 mm mini stereo headphone output with dedicated volume control, and MIDI output
- USB port for computer integration and SD card slot
- Optional Bluetooth connection (BTA-1 connector sold separately)
Here's what comes included with the ARQ AR-48:
- Base Station (AR-48)
- Ring Controller (AR-48c)
- AC adapter (AD-14)
- Operation Manual
- BTA-1 Bluetooth LE Connector
- Zoom Creator Bag (CBA-96)
See how you can craft music with the new ARQ AR-48.
Learn how to build a sound sequence with the AR-48.
See all the different ways you can play and perform with the AR-48's Song and MIDI modes.
Use the audio capture function to use different sound samples such as your favorite music.
Use the AR-48's accelerometer to express yourself during performances.
The Zoom ARQ AR-48 is an all-in-one production and live performance instrument that offers you a fun new way to create electronic music. Learn all about the AR-48 in this video.
ANALOG IN (AD): 92 dB typ (IHF-A)
16MB–2GB SD cards, 4GB–32GB SDHC cards, 64GB–512GB SDXC cards
MIDI OUT (5-pin DIN jack) and USB MIDI
5V 1A AC adapter (AD-14)
Base Station: 2 W maximum
259.0 mm (D) x 257.6 mm (W) x 63.0 mm (H)
|Weight (main unit only):||
128x32 dot-matrix LCD x 2
PAD pressure sensors, 3-axis accelerometer
USB bus power
2 AA alkaline or rechargeable
|Battery operation time:||
About 8 hours (when BTA-1 installed)
|Power consumption :||
|External dimensions :||
280.2 mm (D) x 278.8 mm (W) x 29.7 mm (H)
|Weight (main unit only) :||
Number of pads: 16